Shopping with WIC
Shopping at your local grocery store for your WIC benefits has never been easier. The following information provides families with resources for a positive shopping experience with WIC. The WIC Program cares about you and your family. Please share your feedback, experiences at the store or let us know if you need additional help shopping with WIC. Just click the button below to leave information or to request a phone call from WIC staff.
Select a tab for WIC shopping tips and information
Shopping with eWIC
- One card holds the entire families benefits.
- Families can purchase as much or as little of their monthly benefits each shopping trip.
- Cards are protected with a personal PIN number that can be shared with others if desired.
- Cards can be loaded remotely without an office visit if a food item needs to be changed.
- Grocery store clerks no longer need to check which foods are being purchased.
- Self-checkout can be used at King Soopers stores.
- View the Shopping With Your eWIC Card (PDF) guide (in other languages).
PIN numbers can be set or reset by:
- Calling the automated phone line at 1-844-234-4950.
- Log onto www.ebtedge.com and enter in your 16 digit eWIC card number.
- Call your local WIC office to reset your PIN or if you have questions.
Food Benefit Balance
Know your monthly balance and which foods can be purchased to avoid confusion at the check-out stand by:
- Download the WICShopper app, register your eWIC card and click the My Benefits button for your most current balance.
- Keep your receipt from your last WIC purchase which includes an updated balance.
- Check your current and future months food balance at www.ebtedge.com.
- Call 1-844-234-4950
- Ask a grocery store cashier to check your balance for you.
WIC Shopper App
Colorado WIC now offers the FREE WICShopper app to help families manage their WIC benefits. The WICShopper app has many great features including:
- A scanner to aid in selecting WIC foods.
- A current list of your monthly benefits that is updated after each purchase. You need to register your eWIC card in the app to see your list.
- The list of WIC foods in a variety of languages.
- Quick access to WIChealth.org online nutrition information.
- Ability to set-up reminders to shop before benefits expire each month.
Learn about the WICShopper app and download from the app store on any smart cell phone.
Foods on the WIC Program are wholesome and chosen to provide the nutrients your family members need.
- Learn more about the WIC foods including the list and shopping guides.
- Watch this video to learn more about shopping for WIC foods (in Spanish).
- See which yogurts can be purchased with the Yogurt Helper (PDF) and information about herbs and spices (PDF).
Recipes and More
WIC provides nutrition education as well as delicious recipes with WIC foods.
- Find recipe ideas on Pinterest @pintchd
- Like us on Facebook @tchdwic
- Watch our Tri-County Health Department You Tube Channel cooking videos
WIC Approved Grocery Stores
A variety of grocery stores accept WIC benefits, ask your WIC staff for locations near you.
- View a list of participating stores on the WICShopper app
- Ask your local grocery store clerks if they accept WIC benefits if you are unsure.
- Many WIC approved stores use shelf stickers to help shoppers find their WIC foods easily.
- The self check-out lanes can be used at King Soopers and City Market grocery stores.
- Look for the WIC decal on the grocery store front window or door (see picture below).