Use Permits

A Use Permit is required for:

  • A sale or change of ownership of a property
  • A change in use of the property (i.e., a residence to a business)
  • Any addition of bedrooms
  • An addition of a separate “modular” home
  • Other reasons deemed necessary by the department

To obtain a permit, the following is required:

Use Permit inspections must be conducted by a Certified NAWT inspector. For a list of Certified Inspectors, click on this link: Certified Professionals

Permit applications may be sent to any of our Environmental Health offices or via email at: