to health care can be difficult under even the best of circumstances. It can also be an enormous challenge to our uninsured and under-insured populations.
Tri-County Health Department provides a variety of services to help these
individuals obtain health insurance and health care.
Presumptive Eligibility (PE) for Medicaid and Child
Health Plan Plus (CHP+) Low-Cost Insurance:
We provide Medicaid / CHP+ application assistance for low-income, uninsured families with children under age 19, and for pregnant women.
Presumptive Eligibility provides at least 45 days of guaranteed coverage to eligible children and pregnant women while their application is being processed through the county social or human services office for final determination of eligibility.This makes it possible for the client to seek health care immediately.
In order to qualify for Medicaid or CHP+, an applicant must:
• Be a Colorado Resident
• Provide citizenship and identity documentation (Needed Documents)
• Meet income guidelines (Chart)
• Am I Eligible? (Information)
Additional Pregnancy Assistance:
Application assistance is also available for pregnant women who do not qualify for regular Medicaid due to residency or citizenship requirements, but are able to receive Emergency Medicaid (EMK) to cover hospital delivery costs.
Appointments and Information:
Presumptive Eligibility appointments are offered at our offices in Aurora, Alton/Colfax, Castle Rock Commerce City, Englewood, Lone Tree and Northglenn.
• Fact Sheet and Needed Documents
• Office locations and maps
• Download an application
• Schedule an appointment: 303-363-3013
• Find other county and city offices that provide Presumptive Eligibility and application assistance (List)
Para mujeres que estan embarazadas, hablan Español y necesitan aplicar para recibir Medicaid/CHP+ o para familias que hablan Español y necesitan aplicar para que sus hijos reciban medicaid/CHP+.
Officinas en Aurora, Alton/Colfax, Castle Rock Commerce City, Englewood, Lone Tree and Northglenn.
• Mas información y Documentos Necesito
• Officinas y mapas
• Llame al: 303-363-3013
•Otras oficinas que tienen asistencia de aplícacion (Lista)
Our Healthy Communities (HC) program health coordinators help families who are eligible for Medicaid and CHP+ to access medical care and benefits for their children and during pregnancy.
• For Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas and Elbert County residents, call 303-873-4404 or email email@example.com
• For other locations that provide Healthy Communities assistance: (Information)
Nuestras Cordinadoras de Healthy Communities ayudan a las familias que son elegíbles para Medicaid y CHP+ obtener cuidados medicos, beneficios para los niños y para mujeres embarazadas.
• Para los residentes en Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas and Elbert Condado, llamen al 303-873-4404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Para información sobre otros condados (informactión)
Section Home Page
• A–Z Index of Topics and Services
Children with Special Needs (HCP)
Expectant / New Mothers
Nurse / Family Partnership
Order Birth Certificates
Prenatal and Newborn Services
• Special Infant Project
WIC - Nutrition Services
Fact Sheets and Links:
PDF files can be viewed and printed
with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.