Household Chemical Roundups
Many common products found in your home, such as oil-based paint, mercury, gasoline, degreasers, cleaning compounds, and garden chemicals, may be hazardous to you, your family, and the environment if used or disposed of improperly. It’s important to read the product labels to safely store, use, and dispose of chemicals. When these chemicals are not used up entirely, they become household chemical waste and must be disposed of properly or it can harm sanitation workers, create problems in sewage treatment plants and landfills, or pollute the water or air.
Household Chemical Roundups
Tri-County Health Department organizes Household Chemical Roundups for Douglas County in the spring and summer. Events for Adams and Arapahoe Counties are organized by their individual cities, which should be contacted for further information. These community events help dispose of chemical waste properly, prevent pollution and protect the people handling your garbage. We unload the products, so you don't even have to get out of your car!
Last year, 3,616 households from Adams County and Douglas County participated in the roundups, disposing and recycling 460,153 pounds of household hazardous waste. For more information, click on the tabs below or call Ellen Kennedy at 720-200-1592.
- All events are 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. No electronic waste is accepted at these events.
- Saturday, May 18, 2019 - Parker Map | Poster | News
- Saturday, August 10, 2019 - Highlands Ranch Map | Poster | News
- Saturday, September 21, 2019 - Castle Rock Map | Poster | News
- Pre-Register Online is closed | Print a Flyer
- Volunteer Registration is closed
- Take our survey or send a comment
- 2018 Douglas County Annual Report (PDF)
Household hazardous waste disposal services for Arapahoe County are organized by the towns, which should be contacted for further information.
- Aurora: 303-739-7372
- Centennial: 1-800-449-7587
- Cherry Hills Village
- Englewood: 303-762-2345
- Glendale: 1-800-449-7587
- Greenwood Village: 1-800-449-7587
- Littleton: 303-795-3834
- Sheridan: 303-738-9426
- SE Metro Stormwater Authority (PDF)
- Unincorporated Arapahoe County (including Foxfield and Deer Trail): 1-800-449-7587
Outside of Household Chemical Roundup dates, the following drop-off sites are available for a charge with reservation:
3600 E 48th Avenue
Denver, CO 80216
Rooney Road Recycle Center
151 S. Rooney Road
Golden, CO 80401
9131 East 96th Avenue
Henderson, CO 80640
*Please note that there are no drop-off sites available in Arapahoe or Douglas County.
- Auto Waste Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs) (PDF)
- Electronic Waste Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Household Hazardous Waste Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Household Sharps Waste Disposal (PDF)
- Household Pharmaceutical Waste (PDF)
- Medication Take-Back Program
- Mercury Thermometer Spills (PDF)
- Paint Drop-off Locations
- Paint and Paint Products Fact Sheet (PDF)