Information for Preceptors
Team Up with Tri-County
The Tri-County Health Department Dietetic Internship program specializes in community and public health nutrition, offering dietetic experiences that cover the lifecycle, including experience in hospital MNT and food service management. We are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) and have been providing supervised practice opportunities for over 25 years. Preceptors with the Tri-County internship are dietetics and nutrition professionals who agree to have one or two interns work with them during one rotation of the internship each year.
You can make a difference in the lives of interns who are learning to become registered dietitians. The profession needs more practitioners who are willing to train and serve as positive role models. Interns need a good foundation of clinical and food service experiences to be successful practitioners. You can team up with Tri-County to host an intern for one or more of these important rotations.
Benefits for Preceptors
- Pre-planned rotations with assignments and evaluation tools ready
- Flexibility in projects to meet facility needs
- Director available to provide oversight and optimize communication as needed
- Interns are motivated and ready to learn
- Interns bring new insights and fresh ideas
- Interns can help facilities with small and large projects, providing extra assistance
- Save money and time on hiring professional staff, since interns are already trained at your facility
How You Can Help
Preceptors are needed in these rotations:
- Long-term care (1 week)
- In-patient clinical MNT (9 weeks)
- Intern choice week (1 week)
Please contact the internship director at 720-200-1511 to discuss having an intern at your facility.
Thank you in advance for helping to grow and mentor the next generation of dietetics professionals!