Birth and Death Certificates
Update: Office Location
Our Vital Records Office issues certified birth and death certificates. Certified birth and death certificates are legal documents that are printed on forgery-resistant safety paper with watermarks, raised engraving, background security patterns, and a unique certificate identification number.
Applications for Birth and Death Certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Solicitud de Certificado de Nacimiento
- Solicitud de Certificado de Defuncion
- Acceptable Identity Verification Documents
- Documentos aceptables para verificar la identidad
Who Can Order
- The person named on the birth record
- Members of the immediate family (Proof of relationship is required)
- Legal representatives of those named above
- Others demonstrating a direct and tangible interest in the record
- The person's full name as it appears on the birth/death record
- Date and place of birth/death
- Parent's names along with mother's full maiden name
- Purpose for the copy
- Applicant's relationship to the person on the certificate
- Applicant's signature
- Payment for the number of copies requested
- Photocopy of the requestor's valid identification
Ways to Order
Request a certificate by visiting our Greenwood Village office or Commerce City office. In-person payments can be made by cash, check, money order or credit cards. Certificates are issued same day if record is ready for issuance in our system. Certificates are typically issued within 5 to 15 minutes.
2) By Email
request a certificate by emailing us at VitalRecords@tchd.org. Please include your application, ID verification, and payment information.
3) Online Through VitalChek
Use our third-party online orders website, which is available 24-hours a day.
Please note: An additional $10 credit card processing is charged by VitalChek Network for online orders.
4) By Mail
Download and complete a birth or death certificate application above. Then, send it by mail to our Greenwood VIllage Vital Records office (near the top right of this page). Be sure to include a check or money order, along with a photocopy of the requestor's ID.
Certified Birth Certificates and Fees
We can issue certified birth certificates for births that occurred in any Colorado county. Fees are $20.00 for the first copy and $13 for each additional copy of same certificate if ordered at the same time. Expedited UPS shipping (2 Day) is available for fax/mail orders for an additional $25.
Certified Death Certificates & Fees
We can issue certified death certificates for deaths that occurred in any Colorado county. Copies can also be ordered through the funeral home making arrangements. Death certificates for a veteran of the armed forces can receive one free Veterans Administration Office copy. Fees are $20 for the first copy and $13 for each additional copy of the same death certificate if ordered at the same time. Expedited UPS shipping (2 Day) is available for fax/mail orders for an additional $25.