HIV, Hepatitis C and Syphilis Prevention
Tri-County Health Department offers no cost Rapid HIV testing to individuals at increased risk of getting HIV. These individuals include:
- Men who have sex with men
- Transgender people
- People who share injection equipment
- People who have vaginal or anal sex without a condom and with multiple partners
Our HIV prevention services include PrEP screening, counseling, and navigation, as well as free safe sex materials like condoms, lube, dental dams and more.
Click here to find other places you can get HIV testing in the metro Denver area.
Tri-County Health Department also offers no cost Rapid Hepatitis C testing to individuals at increased risk of getting Hepatitis C and no cost Syphilis testing to uninsured individuals at increased risk of getting syphilis.
Syringe Access Services
Aurora Syringe Access Services (ASAS) provides outreach, education, and syringe exchange services for people who inject drugs and their partners in the Aurora area, especially along Colfax Avenue.
Injecting drugs can lead to infections such as HIV and Hepatitis C Virus. Syringe Access Services can reduce these infections by providing people who inject drugs with sterile, safer injection supplies and safe disposal of needles.
Services for People Living with HIV - Linkage to Care
Linkage to Care (LTC) is a free and confidential service. LTC Care Coordinators help connect people living with HIV to medical care including treatment and referrals.
Linkage to Care Services
Tri-County's LTC program provides:
- Blood draw for confirmatory testing, CD4, and viral load counts
- Referrals to community resources and support services
- Assistance with applying for health insurance
- Assistance with applying for financial aid programs to assist with health care costs such as medication or co-pays
- Education and support understanding lab values and treatment plans
- Care coordinators are available to accompany participants to medical visits to provide support and help answer any questions
Becoming a Linkage to Care Client
Tri-County provides LTC services to individuals newly diagnosed with HIV and HIV-positive individuals who haven't been in care recently and reside in Adams, Arapahoe, and Douglas counties.
The program accepts self-referrals as well as referrals from medical facilities such as primary care providers, specialty providers, emergency rooms, urgent care facilities, and laboratories or blood banks.
Contact us today at 303-363-3048 or email@example.com to learn more or enroll in the program.