Vision, Mission, Values & Guiding Principles
VisionOptimal health across the lifespan for the populations we serve.
Promote, protect and improve the lifelong health of individuals and communities in Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas Counties through the effective use of data, evidence-based prevention strategies, leadership, advocacy, partnerships, and the promotion of health equity.
Values and Guiding Principles
Values for the agency are demonstrated in the behavior and decisions of all our employees and in how we conduct our efforts in the communities we serve. Tri-County Health Department, its Board and its employees have adopted these eight core values that guide behavior, organizational policy, and decision-making. These values not only apply to how we interact with each other internally, but how we treat our partners and clients externally.
- Respect: We treat others with the same dignity as we wish to be treated. We honor the whole person and recognize the importance of work-life balance and diverse perspectives. We recognize the power of teamwork and appreciate the unique contributions that each member of a team can make.
- Integrity: We maintain consistency in what we say and what we do. We uphold high ethical standards and maintain accountability to each other and the communities that we serve.
- Courage: We stand up for what is right in the face of adversity. We communicate openly and welcome honest feedback. We advocate for those who cannot do it for themselves.
- Excellence: We strive for the highest quality in everything that we do. We pursue opportunities and seek creative and innovative solutions to the challenges that face us.
- Leadership: We believe that everyone can be a leader. We empower others to act; we encourage everyone to reach their fullest potential; and we model our core values.
- Collaboration: We seek to sustain and enhance the reach and impact of our efforts through the respectful engagement with community partners (local, regional and state).
- Stewardship: We maintain good stewardship of public monies and facilities through active management and will always strive to provide high quality, targeted, and cost-effective services for the community.
- Innovation: We seek and encourage innovative approaches to address public health issues, reach diverse communities and improve agency operation.