Businesses and Workplaces
Business Owners and Staff
This webpage is to support our business owner and staff. Our Covid-19 Outbreak Team works with local businesses to provide COVID-19 support and resources. Continue to refer to this page for updated information as things change often.
- Contact Covidbusinessrecovery@tchd.org for all businesses in Adams and Arapahoe Counties. We provide guidance details, answer questions, and facilitate the process of reporting positive cases in your facility.
Covid-19 Guidance for Businesses and Workplaces
We recommend the following COVID-19 guidance for businesses in our counties:
Vaccination is the leading public health prevention strategy to prevent COVID-19 outbreaks in businesses.
- CDPHE offers a free on-site Workplace Vaccination Program for employers, unions, and trade associations of any size. The state coordinates staffing, logistics, and vaccine supplies.
- CDPHE's Vaccine Laws and Regulations page track state and federal vaccine requirements.
Employee Rights During Covid-19
- The Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA) requires Colorado employers to provide paid sick leave to their employees.
- Visit the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment website for more information and details about paid sick leave.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws webpage includes information on masking, testing, vaccination, requests for medical information, and more.
Businesses only: Report Cases and Outbreaks to TCHD
Businesses in Adams County and Arapahoe County should use our COVID-19 Case Reporting Form for Businesses to report multiple COVID-19 cases in the workplace to us. An investigator will reach out to you to assess potential outbreak status and provide disease control measures to implement in your workplace. This form should not be used by schools or healthcare facilities. If you are a school or healthcare facility, please email email@example.com. This form should be completed by facility owners/operators/managers, not individual employees. Businesses should not wait to hear from us prior to excluding sick individuals from the workplace and contact tracing to identify and exclude exposed employees.
For additional information on addressing cases in the workplace, see the CDC's Case Investigation and Contact Tracing in Non-healthcare Workplaces: Information for Employers. Download our Template Line List for a resource to assist with information gathering for your case investigation and contact tracing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any Covid-19-related inquiries.