School Leaders and Staff
This webpage is to support our school leaders and staff. Parent resources can be found on our page for Parents of School-Aged Children. Our Covid-19 Outbreak Team works with local schools and district leaders to provide COVID-19 support and resources. Continue to refer to this page for updated information as things change often.
- Contact Covidschools@tchd.org for all schools in Adams and Arapahoe Counties. We provide guidance details, answer questions, and facilitate the process of reporting positive cases in your school.
CDC and CDPHE School Guidance
We recommend the following COVID-19 guidance for schools in our counties:
- CDC guidance for K-12 Settings
- CDPHE’s Practical Guide for Operationalizing CDC’s School Guidance for K-12 Settings
- CDPHE's Infectious Disease Guidelines for Schools and Childcares
Vaccination is the leading public health prevention strategy to prevent COVID-19 outbreaks in schools. Promoting vaccination can help schools safely conduct in-person learning as well as extracurricular activities and sports.
- TCHD partners with schools in holding vaccine clinics for students and community members. If your school is interested in scheduling a vaccine clinic, please email COVIDSCHOOLS@tchd.org for more information.
Vaccination Rates for Colorado Public Schools
Check this CDPHE dashboard for COVID-19 vaccination rates in Colorado public schools. This dashboard is updated weekly and provides accurate, real-time school vaccination data. More details and information can be found in this FAQ.
CDC Ventilation Resources
Ventilation is an important COVID-19 prevention strategy for schools and childcare programs. CDC provides recommendations for optimizing ventilation in facilities to help maintain healthy environments and reduce the spread of disease.
Resources for School Illness Policies
We recommend the following resources for school illness policy development:
- CDPHE’s How Sick is Too Sick
- CDPHE Guidelines for Childcare Providers and Healthcare Consultants, School Nurses and other Personnel
- FEMA Multihazard Emergency Planning for Schools
Mask Resource for Schools
The Colorado Department of Education distributes masks at no cost to Colorado schools who opt into their Masks for Colorado Program.
We support in-person learning in our schools. Promoting safe, in-person instruction continues to be a priority. Attendance Works provides strategies for schools to address chronic absenteeism in their school community.
Free Well-Being Support Line Resource
Call or text the free Well-Being Support Line for all educators and school employees including ECE, K-12 programs, and higher education. This is provided by the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
The support line is available to any educator across the state including teachers, administrators, para-professionals, health care teams, and support staff.
Register to Attend Bi-Weekly Webinars for School Leaders
Register for the bi-weekly Zoom webinars. The webinars are hosted by our School Task Force to connect with school leaders in Adams and Arapahoe Counties, provide COVID-19 updates, and answer questions.
- CDC: Isolation and Quarantine Calculator
- CDE: 2022-2023 Covid-19 Resources for Schools
- Children’s Hospital: Back-to-School Checklist for Parents and Families
- Children’s Hospital: Masks for Kids: What You Need to Know About Face Coverings English | Spanish
Our School District Case and Testing Dashboard
The School District Case and Testing dashboard includes counts and rates for both cases and testing with the ability to filter by date range and age group. By default, the dashboard is filtered by all cases. Select the filter on the left side to narrow down the time period and the incidence rate.
School Testing Information
2022-2023 CDPHE School Testing Plan
- For full information visit the CDPHE website.
- Full Service Rapid Antigen Screening Testing and Direct Ship Rapid Antigen Screening Testing.
- Weekly frequency of testing available through state provided contractor to includes incentives for participating students and schools.
- Full Service Rapid Antigen Over-the Counter (OTC) Testing and Direct Ship Point-of-Care (POC) Testing are also available for schools wanting to send tests home with students or perform testing onsite with a school provided proctor. Can also be used more frequently to include school events or high-risk exposure settings, but testing must still be made available to all students in these scenarios.
- All state sponsored school testing is being performed with provided BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen tests.
Expiration Dates for BinaxNOW COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test by Abbott
Expiration dates of select Abbott BinaxNOW Covid-19 Antigen Tests have been extended by Abbott Labs with FDA approval. Please see the FDA letter explaining the matter, along with additional information and the affected lots and the new expiration dates
Diagnostic Testing at School
- CDPHE is shipping BinaxNOW At-School POC orders to be used specifically for diagnostic testing alongside a serial screening program.
- Same reporting portal, CLIA waiver, and training available as previous years.
- For more information contact the the schools team or order more test kits.
Health and Human Services Department School Testing Plan
- The regional vendor Battelle offers free pooled PCR testing to all students, staff and visitors.
- Tests are self-sampled or proctored with trained personnel, and pools can be as small as five tests.
- There is no minimum usage, frequency requirements, or maximum usage.
- Results are reported in hours from a local lab.
- For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website
- Program is funded through the end of 2022 with possible extensions.
School Signs for Download, Republish, and Share
These are signs for you to use at your school.
|English | Spanish||English|
|Teachers||Preschool and Elementary||Middle School||High School|