COVID-19 Vaccination Communications Toolkit
Each of us can contribute to educating our communities about the importance of COVID-19 vaccines. This toolkit provides resources and guidance for community-based organizations and other agencies promoting COVID-19 vaccine confidence.
Our Googe Drive folder has materials you can use at your clinics and as you work with community members and vaccine clinics. Review these resources to help build COVID-19 vaccine confidence by addressing concerns, answering questions, and having meaningful conversations.
5 Key Points to know about the COVID-19 Vaccine
Use these talking points when going out to our communities to initiate conversations. Print this postcard to have handy for when you are working with the community.
- Millions of people in the United States, including millions here in Colorado, have received COVID-19 vaccines, and these vaccines have undergone intensive safety monitoring so you can feel safe getting vaccinated.
- You may experience side effects after receiving the vaccine. Side effects are normal signs of your body building protection and usually go away in a few days.
- COVID-19 vaccines are free for every person 12 and older regardless of immigration status. No residency, identification, or insurance documentation is required.
- When you’re fully vaccinated you can feel safer when hanging out with friends and family.
- Talk to your health care provider or local clinic about the COVID-19 vaccine. And, you can always call the Tri-County Health Department to answer any concerns you have, including how to get a vaccine.
The Protect | Me You Us: 3-step process to maximize COVID-19 vaccine acceptance (CU and Behavioral Health & Wellness)
- Print, Download and Share
- Resources and Guidance
- Answers to Common Questions
- Building Vaccine Confidence
Fillable Vaccine Clinic
Download, open in Adobe Reader and add the Time and Date, Clinic Name, and Address. Cobrand by adding your logo to the right of the Tri-County Health Department logo. 8.5x11 English | Spanish and 11x17 English | Spanish
Nearby Vaccine Clinics
Door hanger - Hug Loved Ones Again | Feel Safe at Work Again in English and Spanish
Download and open in Adobe Acrobat Reader to insert your event information. Add your logo to the left of the Tri-County Health Department logo. Template with tear-off included or Template without a tear-off
Fillable Yard Sign
The bottom left has a place to add your logo. Arrows are in different directions for the front and back. Free COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Today (English and Spanish)
Share our vaccine clinic flyers
- Download and posts Facts about vaccines and share any of our posts on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Power the Comeback campaign to inform and educate Coloradans about the COVID-19 vaccine and encourage them to get vaccinated (CDPHE)
- Vaccine Quick Shots: a social media campaign with graphics to download and sample copy for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (CDPHE)
- Vaccine messaging and graphics to download for print and social media (CDPHE)
- Vaccine messaging and graphics encouraging getting the COVID-19 vaccine for various social media channels (CDC)
Our YouTube has videos to share from local Faith leader videos and a commercial La victoria contra COVID-19 se logra en equipo (Victory against COVID-19 is achieved as a team)
- Educational Videos
- Awareness ads, English and Spanish
- Testimonial videos, English Spanish
- Vaccine awareness video in English and Spanish
- Vaccine testimonial videos in English (15 seconds and 30 seconds) and Spanish (15 seconds and 30 seconds)
- 15- and 30-second videos in English and Spanish encouraging people to get the COVID-19 vaccine
THE CONVERSATION: Between Us, About Us (The Kaiser Family Foundation )
THE CONVERSATION / LA CONVERSACIÓN is a national campaign with Black and Hispanic and Latino health care workers answering questions about the COVID-19 vaccines.
- How to clearly address common concerns about the COVID-19 vaccine (Colorado Vaccine Equity Taskforce)
- Useful information about equitable vaccine implementation to help ensure equal access for all communities (CDC)
- Tips for increasing vaccine confidence through communication and community engagement (CDC)
- Deciding if you want to get a COVID-19 vaccine? common questions about the vaccine- English | Spanish (CDPHE)
Local partners created materials that you can share.
- iNOW New American Neighbors video project offers to build vaccine confidence.
- Adelante Community Development offers a video in Spanish featuring the recent vaccine clinic at Mile High Flea Market and discussing why getting vaccinated is important.
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment provides a comprehensive list of communication resources. You also can find print and digital resources available for your use on our Partner Communications website.
- Share the state's flyer: Know your rights about the COVID-19 vaccine (in English and Spanish)
- Refer to our vaccine webpage, www.tchd.org/COVIDvaccine, to find vaccine appointments for your community
- Review the guidance for effective communication about vaccines, including tips for building narratives about vaccination provided by the Metro Denver Partnership for Health
- Find multi-language vaccine resources for migrant, refugee, and limited-English communities from the CDC
- Get The Facts Campaign, from the University of Minnesota’s National Resource Center for Refugees, Immigrants, and Migrants. With fact sheets, social media campaigns, and more in multiple languages
Tri-County Health Department:
- The top 10 most frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine, with plain-language answers and links to accompanying resources
- Updates and information about each COVID-19 vaccine
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE):
- Answers to questions about vaccine safety, including concerns about side effects and how vaccine safety is monitored
Reach out to us as we are here to support you in this work going out to our communities to enhance vaccine confidence and increase vaccination rates. If you have any other ideas, communication needs, or tools that you would like to see added to this page, email Samantha Bertomen at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting your communities in getting vaccinated and showing them how easy it is with a vaccine site near them. Every person who is vaccinated is protecting themselves, their loved ones, and their community. Soon we will get back to the Colorado we love.